Outside2Inside (O2I) is a non-profit organization based in Bay area, focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
Kids Food Waste Awareness (KFWA) Program is to bring awareness of food waste to kids in local schools and its reduction by Prevention, Recovering & Recycling. This is implemented by providing hands-on class projects which are designed to nourish their practical thinking ability. Our goal is to conduct this program in 5 schools per year and bring awareness of Food waste to 500+ kids.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated event coordinator to join our KFWA program team. In this position, you will assist the KFWA program manager, schedule KFWA programs, send emails to participant’s parents, maintain a checklist of materials, assisting in program readiness and follow up with parents on registration process. This person will closely coordinate with the KFWA program manager and also organize the bi weekly KFWA volunteer events.
- Coordinate KFWA program activities.
- Follow up with schools on availability of dates and classroom to conduct the KFWA program.
- Prepare the flyers with updated information and take printouts of the flyers.
- Post the flyers in school/public places as required.
- Update the website calendar with the program dates.
- Prepare for KFWA program by making sure all materials are ready ahead of time, take printouts for the program handouts.
- Assist the KFWA program manager if any program readiness is required a day before the program.
- Accompany the KFWA program manager to the event and help out in setting up the class for the event.
- Assist in cleaning up the venue after the program is done.
- Take pictures if needed during the program.
- Upload the pictures in the website.
- Collect participants feedback and update them in the website.
- Submit timely volunteer reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Organize the bi weekly KFWA program volunteer event.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Interested in our Kids food waste awareness program and community support programs.
- Interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker.
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Internet Research
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- Need to assist in the after school program
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager