Serve as a Red Cross Volunteer Partner!
3 people are interested
A Volunteer Partner serves as a peer and confidante working collaboratively with a Red Cross leader to achieve Red Cross goals and objectives.
* Develop and execute an implementation work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the [Functional Area’s] priorities. Set realistic targets and focus on delivering results.
* Proactively identify and respond to challenges impacting the [Functional Area’s] priorities with steps to address those challenges in the context of the [Functional Area’s] talent and its ability to execute.
* Build a culture that supports the Red Cross mission.
* Develop/build [Functional Area’s] team of skilled volunteers.
* Recruit volunteers to ensure redundancy in managing key implementation planning processes and/or critical operations functions.
* Identify roles for volunteers based of the implementation plan as well as delegate and mentor volunteers in a supportive manner.
* Incorporate training program into volunteer work plans to strengthen the team.
* Design an ongoing succession plan, consistent with the development/training program.
* Key Involvement in Ad Hoc projects (both tactical and strategic) as and when required.
* [Outline specific Functional Area Responsibilities and goals ]
* EXAMPLE: CEO Volunteer Partner
* Priority 1: Fundraising & Financial Management (Objective: Develop and implement fundraising program targeting largest regional commercial organizations)
* Priority 2: Face of the Red Cross in the Community (Objective: Establish and/or increase engagement in effective relationships with leaders in businesses, community organizations, state/local governmental agencies, faith-based entities)
* Priority 3: Leadership and Management Development (Objective: Provide coaching and guidance to senior staff and volunteer leadership team members and ensure that a professional development culture permeates the region.)
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service * Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Strategic thinking including ability to understand and communicate the organization’s vision and mission, and process-oriented with regards to decision making and implementation planning
* Team building, talent management, and succession planning skills to grow the organization’s capabilities
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
* Understanding the value of volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
We'll work with your schedule.
751 Riverside AvenueJacksonville, FL 32204
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a week, working remotely and on-site
- orientation, on-the-job training