Love meeting new people? Become an American Red Cross interviewer & meet with prospective volunteers
5 people are interested
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for. Provides an excellent experience for all new volunteers joining the American Red Cross.
* Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings over the phone with prospective volunteers.
* Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
* Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for)
* Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested. Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and placement process.
* Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
* Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
* Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service (training provided).
* Enthusiastic about American Red Cross programs.
* Ability to work with computer database (training provided
* Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
* Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
* Previous experience with customer service is a plus
* HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week
- orientation, Online training, Volunteer Connection Orientation