Serve as a Red Cross Team Leader! Become a Team Leader today
2 people are interested
A Team Leader serves as a project manager who manages a team to achieve Red Cross goals and objectives.
* Carry out a project plan or staffing function with objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the [Functional Area’s] priorities. Focuses on targets and delivering results.
* Proactively identify and respond to challenges impacting the [Functional Area’s] priorities with steps to address those challenges in the context of the [Functional Area’s] talent and its ability to execute.
* Build a culture that supports the Red Cross mission.
* Develop/build [Functional Area’s] team of skilled volunteers.
* Recruit, manage, and schedule volunteers to support critical operations and functions.
* Assist with the onboarding and training of volunteers.
* [Outline specific Functional Area Responsibilities and goals]
* EXAMPLE: Front Desk Team Leader * Priority 1: Face of the Red Cross in the Community (Objective: Identify the skills needed, training and schedule for providing full coverage of the front desk)
* Priority 2: Leadership and Management Development (Objective: Provide coaching and guidance to team members and ensure a professional development culture.)
* Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Willingness to learn * Ability to lead successful teams
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Strategic planning with the ability to train, manage and communicate the organization’s vision and mission, * Relationship building skills working collaboratively with the Red Cross staff as well as board members, senior management, and other leaders
* Understanding the value of volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
We'll work with your schedule.
751 Riverside AvenueJacksonville, FL 32204
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week
- Leadership in nonprofit, Red Cross Orientation, knowledge of Red Cross