HOPE Harbor is a permanent supportive housing program in downtown Minneapolis. We have 96 single-occupancy units for single adults. HOPE Harbor provides case management to all residents of the building.
Description of Position:
HOPE Harbor is seeking interested individuals who have library skills, or just like books and they’d like to share with our residents. Volunteers would be able to talk to residents about books, suggest books and keep current library organized.
- Work with program staff to determine supplies needed
- Schedule sessions with the Program Director/CLCM
- Assist interested participants with finding reading materials
- Keep library organized and stocked
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Library Sciences
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- weekly or monthly for 6 months
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Librarian -- Downtown Minneapolis
- Food Shelf Stocker or Escort --...
- Friday Food Distribution -- East...
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Book Club Volunteer -- Downtown...
- Salvation Army - Albert Lea, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Meal Serving/Lunch Program...
- Birthday Party Volunteer --...
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Shelf Stocker - St. Paul
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant -...
- Piano Player at Adult...
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Salvation Army - International...
- Provide mentoring to a child
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND