HOPE Harbor is a permanent supportive housing program in downtown Minneapolis. We have 96 single-occupancy units for single adults. HOPE Harbor providers case management to all residents of the building.
Description of Position:
HOPE Harbor is seeking interested individuals who have small group book club experience, or just like books and they’d like to share time reading and discussing books with our residents. Volunteers would be able to talk to residents about books, suggest books and work with library to maintain a book of the month club.
- Work with program staff to determine supplies needed
- Schedule sessions with the Program Director/CLCM
- Set up the space for the needs of the activity
- Help clean up the space after the festivities
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- once a month for 6 months
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Food Shelf Stocker or Escort --...
- Wednesday Evening Receptionist -...
- Cook for weekly teen night --...
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Pick up food donations (Drive...
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Back to School Supply...
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant -...
- Salvation Army - Brainerd, MN
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Friday Food Distribution -- West...
- Salvation Army - International...
- Provide mentoring to a child
- Salvation Army - Bismarck, ND
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND
- Driver - Roseville