RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed, everyday people. Together we use our voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty.
Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity.
With every hour of their time, RESULTS Advocates multiply their impact through the enormous power of advocacy - whether it’s helping change policy to support millions of families to access basic vaccinations, nutrition, and healthcare or helping all children access a quality basic education.
Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
ABOUT RESULTS in Rhode Island
RESULTS is creating a new RESULTS advocacy chapter in the Providence area. We are seeking passionate, committed community members who are ready to address global poverty by promoting access to global health and education. We'll meet twice a month, get updates on pressing global issues, learn powerful advocacy skills, and most importantly, take action together to make a difference. Help us build our core team!
- Meeting face-to-face with members of Congress and their staff
- Publishing media calling to educate the public and call on elected officials to take action on poverty
- Writing letters and making phone calls to decision makers
- Hosting community education events and calling on others in the community to take action with us
If you want to make a difference on global poverty issues from Providence, and are looking for a way to get connected, we'd love to welcome you to our team.
To learn more about how you can become involved in our movement contact Frank Paul at email@example.com, (401) 263-0778.
RESULTS GLOBAL POVERTY BACKGROUND
Since 1990, the number of children dying from preventable causes across the world has been cut by more than half. Millions more kids in low income countries are going to school, and we're on the path to ending AIDS. RESULTS has played an important role in these successes through our advocacy to enhance policies and increase funding directed to programs addressing poverty.
But there is still more work to do. This year, 5.9 million kids will die of a preventable cause before their 5th birthday, 289,000 women will die from a preventable pregnancy related cause, and millions of girls will miss out on their chance to go to school. Preventable and curable tuberculosis will infect 10 million people and kill 1.7 million.
For the first time in history, we are faced with the fact that we have all of the resources needed to end these problems, ensuring that all kids are healthy, in school, and have the opportunity to reach their full potential, and that parents have what they need to work and raise health children.
The question isn't "Can we do this?" but "Will we decide to do this?"
Join RESULTS and help us make ending poverty a priority in 2018.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6-10 hours per month
- Passion about making a difference on global poverty
- Boulder Volunteer Activist:...
- Sioux Falls Volunteer Activist:...
- Live in Western MA? Use Your...
- Greeley Volunteer Activist:...
- Take Action in Aberdeen: Global...
- Louisville, Discover How You Can...
- Boise Volunteer Activist: Global...
- Live in Providence? Use Your...
- Denver Volunteer Activist:...
- Rapid City Advocate: Global...