Princess Event Planner
2 people are interested
A Family For Every Child is a non-profit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving and permanent families for every waiting foster child.
Princess for a Day is an annual event put on by A Family For Every Child to help raise awareness for the foster care system. During this event, foster children (and others) are given the opportunity to dress up and be royalty for a day. The intern/volunteer in the Princess Event Planner position will be responsible for planning and carrying out the event. This person will coordinate experienced volunteers and tools to plan event.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research past princess events and write up changes needed, goals for this event, funding, and attendee’s partners.
- Compile team of past volunteers, assess supplies and plan for needed growth.
- Interview past volunteers to create a new plan, assign committee heads, and identify new needs.
- Recruit, train, and engage new volunteers.
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed.
- Plan marketing calendar, social media plan, and advertising campaign.
- Work with web team to build a webpage.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools.
- Carry out event.
- Make a plan for next year.
We'll work with your schedule.
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9+ hours per week
- 3-6 month commitment minimum