Are you a talented individual with excellent marketing skills who wants to give back? Do you love animals, especially sloths? Do you love the idea of conservation work? Do you dream about working in a beautiful tropical country helping a growing, non-profit expand its operation and meet its vision of making this world a better place? If so, we need you! The Sloth Institute Costa Rica (TSI) is seeking a Sloth Marketing Communications Intern.
TSI was founded in 2014 for the purpose of enhancing the welfare and conservation of sloths. TSI is a legal non-profit in Costa Rica and fiscally sponsored by a US 501(c)(3) tax deductible non-profit. Our headquarters and project are located in the Manuel Antonio rainforest maritime zone property at Tulemar Gardens.
TSI has a three part mission:
- RESEARCH of captive, wild and recently released sloths including collaborations with conservationists and scientists around the world
- EDUCATION to generate and disseminate responsible information about sloths
- CONSERVATION programs that negate human encroachment issues impacting sloths welfare and habitat.
The Sloth Institute Costa Rica (TSI) is looking for a Marketing Communications Intern with 2-3 years of marketing experience to support and implement the marketing program goals as defined by the Executives and Marketing Director. This position, is a volunteer non-paid internship, includes room and board and is located in the heart of Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.
We are looking for an active, driven, passionate, creative multi-talented individual who is a great team player to help us meet our marketing goals.
The TSI Marketing Intern would work 6 days a week, 8 hours a day both indoors and outdoors and be willing to commit to a minimum 6-month term. This person must be extremely dedicated to sloth/wildlife conservation.
The major responsibility of the position will be to implement and contribute to the advancement of the defined marketing plan.
- Manage provided social media and marketing calendar
- Metrics analysis and reporting on social media/donation activity
- Create content for newsletters/blog posts, social media and marketing campaigns (includes graphics, photos, videos)
- Monitor website for updating as needed
- Improve presence on designated social media sites
- Manage deadlines and campaign goals/progress
- Collaborate with outside organizations on joint campaign ideas and programs
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications.
Relevant degree in marketing/communications with minimum of a years' prior marketing experience.
All applicants must be very organized, and demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency of major social media platforms
- Photography/video/some graphic arts skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong use of Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Pro-active, dedicated to reaching goals
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
A love of nature and the outdoors; comfortable working day and night in the tropical rainforest is a must.
Some coursework or experience in zoology, environmental education, wildlife ecology is a plus. Experience traveling to a tropical country and living in remote conditions is preferred.
Spanish language skills are strongly considered. Must be non-smoker.
Must complete required vaccinations and purchase current international health insurance while in Costa Rica.
This is a voluntary self-funded position, a small monthly stipend as well as basic shared room and food is offered. You will be responsible for all travel expenses/flights and immigration expenses.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
TSI is looking to bring on this position by June1, 2018. Must be willing to stay 6 months. Applicants able to stay for 1 year term will get preferential consideration.
Send resume, letter of interest, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org , as well as provide a sample of your portfolio and/or why you would be a great fit in a short 1 minute or less video clip.