Bloom With Blossom
Blossom is looking for an intern 5 hours a week...do you want to join our team?
Blossom is a California non-profit under 501 (c) (3) fiscal sponsorship. The organization has supported homeless women in the Bay Area since 2016, handing out sanitary bags to help women in distress manage their menstruation cycle. Blossom is partnering with SFHOT, Homeless Connection and other organizations to reach women throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Blossom believes in preserving the dignity of homeless women, to see homeless women not as a pathology or social condition, but as human beings whose lives are valued as equal to our own. Blossom works out from the values of respect, dignity, visibility and inclusion.
Hours: 5 hours a week (some weeks less/more than 5 hours)
Job type: Internship with an appreciation compensation
Follow up with the Executive Director (ED) biweekly and founder once a month on phone/email/face to face, to check in with each other.
- Help ED coordinate, pack and deliver 300 bags quarterly to our partner organisations.
- Answer emails in the to do folder
- Grow Blossom’s relationship with the community and existing partner’s
- Speak with media when Blossom is contacted
- Responsible for tracking/reconciling storage inventory
- Responsible for contact with people that wants to do a fundraiser or donation drive
- Gain experience in social entrepreneurship and the nonprofit field
- Become part of creating the future of Blossom
- A letter of recommendation if volunteered for more than 6 months
If interested, please send a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marked Internship in the subject field.
You can read more about Blossom here www.blossom-project.org
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Social Work
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 5 hours a week