Be the Blossom
Blossom is looking for a volunteer 2 hours bi-weekly...do you want to join our team?
Blossom is a California non-profit under 501 (c) (3) fiscal sponsorship. The organization has supported homeless women in the Bay Area since 2016, handing out sanitary bags to help women in distress manage their menstruation cycle. Blossom is partnering with SFHOT, Homeless Connection and other organizations to reach women throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Blossom believes in preserving the dignity of homeless women, to see homeless women not as a pathology or social condition, but as human beings whose lives are valued as equal to our own. Blossom works out from the values of respect, dignity, visibility and inclusion.
Hours: 2 hours a week (some weeks less/more than 5 hours)
Job type: Volunteer
Office: WeWork Civic Center location or from home
Follow up with the Executive Director bi-weekly and founder once a month on phone/email/face to face, to check in with each other.
- Responsible for building our Volunteer database of volunteers
- When volunteers sign up, follow up by email. Establish the volunteers interest and have a phone call or in person meeting if necessary
- Coordinate volunteers
- Help when we have a packing event (often bigger corporate events)
- Responsible for our interns and do advocacy at high schools or educational institutions, contact person for schools who wants to do donation drives.
- Gain experience in social entrepreneurship and the nonprofit field
- Become part of creating the future of Blossom
- A letter of recommendation if volunteered for more than 6 months
- Appreciations gift
If interested please send a short motivation letter to email@example.com
Marked Bi-weekly volunteer in subject field.
You can read more about Blossom here www.blossom-project.org
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 hours a bi week