ABOUT SUCCESS PREP ACADEMY
The mission of Success Prep Academy is to help disadvantaged students achieve their highest potential with programs that provide life skills mentoring, academic support and career exploration. Studies show that academic support combined with positive life coaching helps disadvantaged students get to and graduate from college. Our programs are designed to support the needs of struggling middle/high school communities with student and parent workshops.
Are you are passionate about improving the lives of young people? Do you want to directly impact communities in the Southeast? If you answered "yes", we welcome you to apply for a position on our Board of Directors. We're looking for professionals who believe in our cause to raise awareness and help Success Prep Academy secure the funds needed (e.g. corporate sponsorships) to impact the lives of hundreds of families.
WHY OUR PROGRAMS?
The United Way of Atlanta evaluates community needs with the Child Well-Being (CWB) score. As of 2017, the area surrounding the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport shows an average CWB score of 28.1 out of 100. Our programs are intended to improve study skills and increase performance on standardized tests. Students are more prepared for high school success, and more likely to enroll in post-secondary education - these are important components of the CWB score. In short, there is a significant need for intervention across the country, including Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC.
As a member of the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, a Board Member is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO/Executive Director
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring Success Prep Academy’s programs and services
- enhancing Success Prep Academy’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of Success Prep Academy
LOCATION: Virtual, with special preference given to candidates in Atlanta or Charlotte.
COMPENSATION: Our by-laws prohibit the compensation of any Board Member; this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hrs/month
- Attend all quarterly meetings (in person or remote), fulfill board giving requirements