Outside2Inside (O2I) is a non-profit organization based in Bay area, focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
Kids Food Waste Awareness (KFWA) Program is to bring awareness of food waste to kids in local schools and its reduction by Prevention, Recovering & Recycling. This is implemented by providing hands-on class projects which are designed to nourish their practical thinking ability. Our goal is to conduct this program in 5 schools per year and bring awareness of Food waste to 500+ kids.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will be responsible for identifying potential funding opportunities for conducting the Kids food waste awareness (KFWA) program. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) Kids food waste awareness program manager and help with generating funds for the KFWA program.
- Identify and list fundraising opportunities/strategies to achieve or exceed annual funding target required for KFWA program.
- Research on the fundraising opportunities/strategies and classify them based on Grants/Corporate Donations/Partner Donations/Corporate donation matchings, public donations etc.
- Research and identify the process involved for getting funds like writing grants, registering O2I in corporate's as an eligible charity to receive donations etc.
- Write grant applications/donations requests to charitable trusts/corporates. Create standard Grant writing templates that can be used for future needs.
- Execute any/all process involved in getting the funding.
- Identify ways to easily track funding from multiple sources.
- Come up with efficient donor management system.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Basic understanding of After school programs.
- Budgeting, fundraising skills, comparative analysis & grant writing skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Interest in Kids food waste awareness
- Computer expertise & Internet researching skills.
- Commitment to the mission & vision of O2I.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- Program Management
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- Internet Research
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 - 10 hrs/week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Community center development lead
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Director of Marketing and...
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Data Entry - Donor Management...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager