Dental Assistants - Level 1 for HealthWorks Leesburg
Healthworks of Northern Virginia
VOLUNTEER LEVEL 1 DENTAL ASSISTANTS NEEDED FOR HEALTHWORKS LEESBURG
DENTAL CLINIC HOURS ARE 8:00AM TO 1:00PM AND 2:00 PM TO 5:00PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
A Background check is required.
- Due to COVID wearing a mask is mandated by Virginia Dept of Health for all staff and volunteers
Proof of Level 1 Dental Assistance Completion Certification Required with Application
Duties for a Level 1 Dental Assistant can include the following:
To apply please send an email to SCleveland@hwnova.org along with a copy of your resume and your dental assistance Level I certification. Upon receipt of the above documents I will then send you a volunteer application to complete.
- assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
About Healthworks of Northern Virginia
1141 Elden St, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20170, US
The mission of the Loudoun Community Health Center is to provide access to comprehensive, cost-effective, high quality, and culturally competent primary and preventive health care to all residents of our community.
The Loudoun Community Health Center.
We care for anyone in need, regardless of age or ability to pay, whether you have insurance or not. Medicare and Medicaid patients are always welcome.
Our commitment is to provide you with the best care possible, when you need it, in a setting that is convenient and comfortable.
The Loudoun Community Health Center’s dedicated team of highly-trained doctors and nurses offer a wide range of services, including pediatrics, adult medicine, ob/gyn, mental health services, and lab work.
And, because we know health care can be confusing, our wonderful patient services staff is available to answer your questions about insurance coverage, making an appointment or getting a referral.