Fri Jun 01, 2018 - Fri Aug 31, 2018
3747 Euclid AveCleveland, OH 44115
Spend your summer giving back to the community, while helping save lives and gain unique work experience for your future career.
How old do I need to be to join the Youth Corps?
- 14 - 24 years old
- A Parental Consent Form is required for those 17 and under
What will I do?
- Blood Drive Ambassador
- Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision and values
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support
- Make reminder calls, reschedule donor appointments and perform follow up activities as directed
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
- Model excellent customer service behaviors
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area, ensure each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
What is my promise to help the Red Cross?
- We require you to volunteer for 10 shifts between June 1 and August 31.
When and where does the Red Cross need help?
- Most blood drives take place during the day, Monday - Friday, and occasionally on the weekends.
- Blood drives are held throughout the Northern Ohio area.
- You will provide your own transportation to the volunteer events you choose.
How do I schedule?
- You will sign up online and choose the locations and times that best fit your schedule.
- Once your shift is accepted you are set! You cannot cancel or reschedule your accepted shift.
How will I be trained?
- Our Summer Youth Corps training is mandatory. It will be held on a date to be announced.
What do I gain from this Summer Youth Corps experience?
- A letter of reference for your portfolio. (Great for college applications, future jobs, etc.)
- Documented community service hours.
- The ability to build your customer service skills and contribute in a meaningful way to your community.
- The opportunity to work directly with medical staff.
- An official Red Cross name badge and lanyard to wear while volunteering.
- Customer Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 10 shifts between June 1 and August 31
Report this opportunity