Help the library while earning volunteer hours for school or work experience!
Come by the Tracy Branch Library (20 E. Eaton Ave, Tracy, CA 95376) and pick up a volunteer application at the front desk. All volunteers will be required to be fingerprinted. If you need more information call, 866-805-7323 and ask for Luog Saepharn at the Tracy Branch Library.
Under general supervision:
- Sorts and shelves books and other library materials.
- Reviews shelves for correct filing, makes necessary filing corrections and moves books and other materials as space needs require.
- Checks books and materials for needed repair.
- Refers patrons to appropriate library staff for assistance.
- Assists in a variety of assigned special projects and services.
- Fluent in English;
- Age 14 or older;
- Able to follow oral and written directions;
- Ability to alphabetize and file in numerical order;
- Able to volunteer at least one (1) day a week for two (2) hours;
- Able to volunteer for at least 3 months.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Minimum: One (1) day a week. Two (2) hours a day.
- Turn in volunteer application