On April 22nd, the Albany Public Library is it's annual Raising a Reader Baby Shower. The event brings together children 0-5 and their parents for an afternoon of learning and fun. Parents can browse the available community vendors to learn about resources and the kids can enjoy story time events, face painting. singing and dancing, and lots of food! The event helps to promote APL's Raising a Reader program, which encourages early literacy and supports parents in their journey to helping their kids become readers.
Volunteers will help set up and take down the event, man the food table, run the face painting event, and perform other tasks to keep everything running smoothly. Volunteers don't need to be present for the entire 12:30-3:30 shift, but it's helpful if they can be.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Wanted: Manga Enthusiast!
- Come get into character at the...
- Help others learn computer skills!
- Help deliver library materials...
- Lead a Crafting Workshop!
- Resume help!
- Math tutor
- Lead a crafting class!
- Wanted: Video game enthusiast!
- Wanted: Minecraft Enthusiasts
- Piano and/or guitar teacher
- Help out at APL's Raising a...