Marketing & Social Media Intern - Remote/Part-Time
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Start Date: Immediate
Duties: We are seeking a savvy media intern with strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including social media, to communicate our programs and policy updates to our networks. Responsibilities include daily monitoring and posting of relevant news and resources on social media, website design, assisting with graphics and media projects, growing our social media following, creating content for online outreach and promotion, and managing and communicating with our mail list. Position will require 10-15 hours/week.
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program.
- Highly skilled at managing social media (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
- Experience writing newsletters and blog posts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with graphic design, website design, and Mail Chimp (preferred)
- Strong interest/knowledge of current events, particularly Congress, social justice, and Muslim American issues
The position is unpaid but can be used for course credit. Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, links to social media accounts managed, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a week