It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
105 Homestead RoadMankato, MN 56001
Use your skills to help with indoor and outdoor projects at the Red Cross office, including fix-it jobs, light construction, cosmetic work...
Handypersons are skilled individuals that can assist with projects around the office. Projects may include fix-it jobs, light construction, cosmetic work, etc.
- Act in ways consistent with the Red Cross mission, fundamental principles, procedures, and guidelines
- Interact on a friendly basis with staff members and volunteera
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs
- Dismantles and/or installs furniture
- Recommend cost effective solutions for facilities repair and maintenance as necessary.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Varies depending on need, but approximately 8-10 hours per month
- Must be able to volunteer during business hours (8am-5pm Monday through Friday)
- May be called in "emergency" situations, depending upon availability
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility related)
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Commitment to the mission of the Red Cross
- Fix-it skills
- Some jobs may require using your own tools
Must pass a background check
- Meet with the Facilities staff for an interview and tour
- Complete approximately 3 hours of training
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
Report this opportunity