A Home for the Holidays Event Planner
A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child. We have over 10 different programs that serve foster and at-risk youth and families in Lane County, as well as foster youth throughout Oregon and nationwide.
A Family For Every Child is seeking a volunteer/intern to help plan and carry out the organization’s annual Winter Wonderland event. This event benefiting foster children consists of a dinner, auction packages both silent and live, a dessert dash, a wine wall selection, and a beautiful holiday celebration.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research last two Winter Wonderland events and write up changes needed, goals for the next year, funding and attendee’s, partners, new ideas, new funding sources, new sponsors, etc.
- Compile team of past volunteers, asses supplies we have from previous years, and plan for needed growth in the current year.
- Interview past volunteers to create plan for the current year, assign committee heads, and identify new needs.
- Recruit, train, and engage new volunteers, venues, or partners needed.
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed, who needs to be involved, what is needed, and create a budget.
- Plan Marketing Calendar, social media plan, and Advertising campaign.
- Work with web team to lay out web pages.
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools.
- Carry out annual event, evaluate event, thank all partners, and enter all data.
- Make plan for next year’s event.
We'll work with your schedule.
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9+ hours per week
- 3-6 month commitment minimum