2 people are interested
A Home for the Holidays Event Planner
2 people are interested
A Family For Every Child is a nonprofit organization located in Eugene, Oregon. AFFEC’S mission is to find loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child. We have over 10 different programs that serve foster and at-risk youth and families in Lane County, as well as foster youth throughout Oregon and nationwide.
A Family For Every Child is seeking a volunteer/intern to help plan and carry out the organization’s annual Winter Wonderland event. This event benefiting foster children consists of a dinner, auction packages both silent and live, a dessert dash, a wine wall selection, and a beautiful holiday celebration.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the intern/volunteer will:
- Research last two A Home for the Holidays events and write up changes needed, goals for the next year, funding and attendee’s, partners, new ideas, new funding sources, new sponsors, etc
- Compile team of past volunteers, asses supplies we have from previous years, and plan for needed growth in the current year
- Interview past volunteers to create plan for the current year, assign committee heads, and identify new needs
- Recruit, train, and engage new volunteers, venues, or partners needed.
- Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed, who needs to be involved, what is needed, and create a budget
- Plan Marketing Calendar, social media plan, and Advertising campaign
- Work with web team to lay out web pages
- Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools
- Carry out annual event, evaluate event, thank all partners, and enter all data
- Make plan for next year’s event
About A Family For Every Child
1675 W. 11th Ave., Eugene, OR 97402, US
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!
1675 W. 11th AvenueEugene, OR 97402
September 1, 2021
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-9+ hours per week
- 3-6 month commitment minimum