The Annual ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk will be held on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at the ETS Campus. In addition to the 5K Run/Walk, there will be giveaways, music, a complimentary post-race buffet, and t-shirts for all pre-registered participants. Proceeds from this event support the YWCA Princeton's Bilingual Nursery School. This program, for at-risk preschoolers from across Mercer County, provides dual-language learning and enrichment activities that prepare students to enter kindergarten on par with their peers.
We are seeking numerous volunteers to make this race a success!
Volunteers will receive a special volunteer t-shirt, a complimentary post-race buffet, and an invaluable experience that goes towards furthering a worthy cause! All volunteers will receive credit for their hours as needed.
- Pre-event set up Set up race course, including race signage and sponsor signage; set up sponsor awards and race trophies; set up registration area. Set up water bottles. There may be some heavy lifting.
- Water Stop Help keep our runners hydrated along the course! Keep water cups filled, cheer on our athletes, and maintain a clean post event race stop! Great job for teens and young adults.
- Registration Runner: Help check in registered runners/teams. Brings "day of" registration forms from the registration area to our timing company across the field. Great job for teens and young adults!
- Finish Line Assist the scoring company in ensuring that finishers are kept in single file.
- Clean Up Make sure all trash has been disposed of and all race materials and remaining water have been removed and loaded into van. There will be some heavy lifitng. Five volunteers needed
- Mile Markers You will be provided a timer. Proceed to your mile marker. When you hear the starting gun, start your timer. As runners pass call out the time to let them know if they are on pace. Return timers at completion of event.
More information: https://www.ywcaprinceton.org/news-events/ets-firecracker-5k/
If you or someone you know are interested in this fun event, please email Kate Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org. All volunteers will receive credit for their hours as needed.
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12