The Institute for Attachment & Child Development is a 45-year-old 501(c)3 organization providing programs and services for adopted children of trauma and their families. IACD specializes in the field of reactive attachment disorder. Currently IACD is seeking a volunteer Treasurer for our Board of Directors. The role requires an estimated 3-5 hour per month time commitment. A background in accounting and/or finance is required. An overview of the role is as follows:
The Treasurer shall cause regular books of account to be kept, and shall render to the Board of Directors, from time to time as may be required, an account of the financial condition of the Corporation, shall deliver an annual report at the annual meeting, and shall perform all other duties properly required of the Treasurer by the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer is elected by a majority of the Board of Directors to hold office for a two-year term, or until a successor is elected and qualified, and is eligible for re-election for one additional consecutive two-year term.
- Willingness & ability to maintain regular financial knowledge of the organization.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Manages, with the Finance Committee, the Board’s review of, and action related to, the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Works with the Executive Director and finance manager to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the Executive Director and financial manager in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the Executive Director to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization.
- Works with the Finance Committee and the Executive Director to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per month