Respite Volunteer - Training Provided
Description: Make a difference in the lives of seniors and their primary caregivers - volunteer today to provide respite care! Respite volunteers spend quality time with seniors, helping them enjoy their favorite activities, while their primary caregivers take time for themselves. An afternoon providing respite might include helping a senior complete a craft project, going for a walk, reading together, watching a movie, or other activities enjoyed by the senior.
About Us: Our mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway-Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
Date and time: Flexible
- Help seniors participate in the activities that bring them joy
- Help caregivers avoid caregiver stress and burnout
- Learn more about the senior population in Saint Paul
- Gain experience volunteering for a nonprofit organization
- Must be able to travel to residences on the East Side of Saint Paul
- Able to communicate in a respectful, friendly manner with a diverse population
- Online training will be provided to respite volunteers
- Volunteers must consent to a background check
Apply online at https://eastsideelders.org/volunteer-application/
Questions about this opportunity? Contact us at Volunteer@EastSideElders.org or 651-683-2413
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Socialize with a Senior
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Volunteer Attorney
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Shopping Volunteer
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Shovel Snow for Seniors in the...
- Senior Social Club Volunteer
- Volunteer Blogger
- Collect Gloves and Hats for...
- Elders Lodge Wellness Center...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Host a Toilet Paper Drive
- Nursing Assistant
- Respite Volunteer - Training...
- Nursing Student Volunteer