Come join a awesome group of people that give of themselves to care for others. Compassionate Care hospice is looking for caring individuals who will provide friendship, companionship and emotional support to terminally ill patients. Visits could include sitting by the bed side and reading out loud, watching TV or playing games with the patient. Some patients just enjoy a gentle touch to show they are not alone.
We train each volunteer to feel comfortable ministering to the person. The time spent is usually a minimum of 1-3 hours a month, with a six month commitment. Travel time is usually within about 20-30 minutes.
We require background checks and 2 step PPD testing for Tuberculous which we provide
- Literacy / Reading
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Reading / Writing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours a month 6 months going forward
- Background check and PPD testing for Tuberculosis
- Crocheting for Hospice
- Hospice volunteer in Cumberland...
- bedside end of life vigil
- Companionship for senior hospice...
- Pet therapy for terminally ill...
- End of Life vigil needed in...
- Reiki for Terminally Ill in...
- Making Music to Lift the Spirits...
- Hair dressers for hospice patients
- Making music to lift the spirit
- Companionship for hospice...
- Reiki for the Terminally Ill...
- Hospice in need of help for...
- Share your pet with a hospice...
- Visiting Hospice Patients
- Knack for knitting
- Reiki for Terminally Ill Mount...
- Hospice visits in Lebanon
- Volunteer office staff
- Volunteer massage therapist for...