Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Marketing Manager to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for a highly creative, proactive, community-minded storyteller with experience in building long-term relationships with target audiences. The Marketing Manager will oversee all online and offline communications with multiple audiences including donors, foundations, program managers, volunteers, target companies and the press. The Marketing Manager will help coordinate network gatherings and play a pivotal role in O2I’s fundraisers.
Ultimately, this team member will act as our brand’s voice, working to inspire network engagement and philanthropic gifts, attract high quality donors and lift up O2I’s position in the community.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program needs in the O2I home office.
What You’ll Be Doing
Provides broad marketing support across the organization; design and implement annual organization marketing plans, including print collateral, web, and email promotions. Assists in developing new initiatives including but not limited to newsletters, direct mail appeals, e-newsletters, and web-based fundraising. Design and implement marketing and communications strategies in support of the organization’s fund raising and program-related initiatives. Identify and develop internet marketing and promotional opportunities both internally and externally through non-profit and commercial sites.
- Social Media: Manage all O2I's social media platforms, including Facebook, Flickr, Linkedin, Twitter and You Tube, providing analytics summaries to the Founder.
- Website: Manage O2I's website, writing and posting copy, photos and graphics.
- Blog: Write compelling, sophisticated blogs, impact reports and other public facing materials. Manage O2I's blogposts, soliciting articles from the network and distributing through appropriate channels. Seek out meaningful articles, podcasts, and TED talks that support O2I’s curriculum and impact work to share with the network.
- Advertising: Coordinate / create the design of promotional materials for the O2I programs and all events. Coordinate stories, speaking opportunities and ad placements that raise O2I’s profile.
- Events Management: Coordinate O2I’s events, dinner, holiday party and other occasional full network gatherings.
- Newsletter: Craft and send biannual print newsletter and bimonthly newsletters.
- Brand Building: Work with program facilitators to collect success stories and testimonials as part of O2I’s ongoing effort to brand raise and attract donors.
- Campaigns: Work with program managers, staff to provide support on special PR campaigns, including professional writers, videographers and PR firms, delivering work on time and on budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Communication Strategy: Work with the Founder and team to develop and maintain a communications strategy and work plan.
- Content Management: Lead the execution and dissemination of content and messaging, including articles, social media, newsletters, press releases, and website content. Update and implement website content and newsletters with support from technical staff. Author articles when appropriate, coordinate writers for a variety of original content on an ongoing basis. Copy edit and proofread outgoing documents.
- Schedules: Manage deadlines, schedules, and assets for all communications projects with support from program /project management.
- Analytics: Provide a means of measuring and disseminating results, including SEO strategy and tactics, website statistics, and presentation of assessment data.
- Event Management and Planning: Prepares sponsor presentation and support materials and creates materials to publicize and market the event. Tracks and captures sponsor benefits and coordinates event sponsorship fulfillment. Identify appropriate venues and cultivate partners for dissemination and promotion.
- Public Relations: Assists in developing a comprehensive public relations and community affairs strategy. Develop, schedule, produce and distribute special mailings and other public relations contacts with corporate/foundation and individual donors and prospects. Grow and manage press contacts, media mentions, and library of collateral and press kits.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Manager or similar role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, especially WordPress
- Solid understanding of the principles of social networks and development of an electronic presence.
- Experience in basic graphic design and photo editing
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
- Any previous Video production experience, Podcast production and or audio recording experience and event production are desirable, not needed.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Excellent computer skills, direct experience working with website development, social media, and newsletter services
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.