Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
This is an entry level position - so no experience necessary.
We are seeking an talented, organized, self-motivated Social Media Manager to administer our social media accounts. In this position, you will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our marketing goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program's social media needs in the O2I home office.
The SocialMedia Manager will be responsible for developing and administering socialmedia content that is designed to engage our community. The SocialMedia Manager is responsible for the day-to-day logistical operation and executions within the scope of the socialmedia networks. The candidate will be required to collect and review socialmedia data to provide insights and recommendation to develop more effective campaigns.
Develop and integrate socialmedia programs that help to achieve our marketing goals and drive more engagement across channels. Analyze the long-term needs of socialmedia strategy and develop monthly reports that outline trends, implications and recommendations Help establish and drive strategic vision and standards for the socialmedia channels Nurture and grow socialmedia communities by monitoring and moderating discussions, proactively engaging in relevant conversations, ensuring prompt response to inquiries through social channels and maintaining reputation on socialmedia.
Research, identify and build relationships with brand advocates and industry media (journalists, bloggers, on-line communities, editors and more), building network & voice. Develop, track and enhance socialmedia advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of the current social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Pinterest etc
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Maximising followers social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google plus and Pinterest.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager (good to have, not necessary)
- Hands on experience in content management
- Experience with social listening tools, content marketing solutions, MS Office, and Word Press Proficiency with socialmedia commerce, Google Analytics and Photoshop is a plus
- Able to explain complex socialmedia data in an understandable way
- Innate understanding of and passion for current digital marketing practices
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Can contribute creative ideas and writing.
- Solution oriented thinker who can help target the right audiences Willingness to occasionally monitor communities on evenings and weekends when a special events is taking place
- Extroverted and positive personality with a strong interest in learning and ability to take feedback constructively
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.