The Local Director of Fundraising is a key position in our growing organization. The fundraising team at Minds Matter Houston is responsible for fueling the chapter’s activities and expansion of the organization to accommodate and service increasing students and school districts.
Minds Matter Houston is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that helps top-performing high school students from low-income backgrounds reach their dreams of getting into college. Average student GPA is at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale). 90% of students are 1st generation college students.
This position will lead relationship building and execution of Minds Matter Houston’s fundraising strategy with respect to foundations, corporations, and individuals.
Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential. The individual should be highly motivated to strengthen Houston’s education initiatives and have the drive to produce results. An entrepreneurial orientation supported by excellent people and organizational skills should help enable the fundraising director to contribute meaningfully to propelling organizational growth.
- Build relationships with local foundations and corporations and solicit donations
- Filing for CSR programs and grant applications
- Market event to various programs at session and via email
- Secure Event sponsor(s)
- Work with PR & Marketing/Graphic Designer on event invites
- Provide ongoing support and motivation to volunteer fundraisers
- Recruit Fundraising experts
- Encourage volunteer participation in event ticket sales efforts
- Distribute marketing materials to facilitate fundraising opportunities for individuals and corporations
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Attention to detail
- Responsive and proactive
- Persistence and enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others
- Organizational skills
- Outgoing personality
- Volunteer management experience
- Similar fundraising experience would be extremely helpful
- Contacts in foundations or corporate giving programs would be helpful
Requires commitment of 5-10 hours per week and proactive fundraising outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hrs per week