Entry Level Website Design/Development Manager
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
This is an entry level position - so no experience necessary.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated website development manager to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for an outstanding web development manager to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. You will create and manage Outside2inside website www.outside2inside.com. Web developer responsibilities include building our website from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function. You will grow and manage a team of web developers.
As you will provide volunteer support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program volunteers in the O2I home office.
- Grow and manage a team of web developers.
- Provide guidance to the team of web developers to build and maintain the O2I website.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master’s preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in application development and testing (good to have, not necessary)
- 1+ years’ SDLC implementation experience (good to have not necessary)
- Ability to create support documentation for all new applications
- Experience managing website developers.
- Proven knowledge of current programming languages.
- Proven working experience in web programming.
- Understanding of Wordpress and its plug-ins installations.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
We'll work with your schedule.
2585 El Camino Real, Apt 208Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Mobile Programming
- Software Development
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- This position requires the person to work from our Office.