Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Director of Human resource and legal support to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for an innovative and established professional to provide leadership, vision and direction in conjunction with the Founder, to enhance and expand our Human Resources and represents Outside2inside in the community.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program needs in the O2I home office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Human Resources Strategy Development: Working with all levels of company management, plan, develop, and administer a comprehensive human resources program that encourages and supports the development of a nonprofit organization culture that emphasizes the mission, vision and values of Outside2inside. Establishes and maintains human resources policies which provides a clear operating framework for staff, and ensure the preservation of a positive work environment.
- HR Policies & Procedures: - Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment law. Ensure that O2I’s HR policies, procedures, and practices meet all legal requirements and compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations. Generate and maintain volunteer Handbook, on-boarding package, volunteer orientation and other HR publications.
- Recruitment & Staffing: In collaboration with senior leadership and program managers, create and implement talent acquisition, development, and retention strategies that ensure appropriate staffing. Assist program managers in creation of job descriptions. Work directly with program managers to recruit, interview, select and hire staff, including developing, implementing and continuously improving a comprehensive on-boarding program for new employees.
- Compensation & Benefits: Provide analytical and technical support in the development and delivery of volunteer compensation and benefit programs to ensure that such programs are appropriately competitive. Responsibility for management and oversight of volunteer / part time benefits administrator and other benefits .
- Employee Relations: Offer consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues. Assist in communications between volunteers and supervisors, corrective action and planning, disciplinary actions, and explanation and clarification of Outside2inside policies and procedures. Assist in developing, maintaining and improving employee relationships via communication, performance management, grievance and/or dispute resolution as well as interpreting and conveying Outside2inside policies.
- Legal Support: Work with O2I's attorneys and help in generating contracts, website disclaimers and other legal documents.
- Manage Administrative Assistants: Manage the Office administrative assistants and provide them with directions.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible human resources management experience. Experience working in a complex, fast-paced will be important. Must be able to work at all levels of HR - strategic, operational, and tactical.
- Experience in managing a human resources program, including recruitment, organizational development, employee/labor relations, compensation, human resources policy and procedure development and interpretation. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration; current Federal, State, and local employment law; principles of organization and management.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience of at least 7 years.
- Work history and a commitment to developing effective organizational systems for managing programs, staff, budgets and work-plans.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to lead all programs successfully. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, analytical, and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; high level presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills; flexible and creative with maximum integrity. Ability to respond to multiple and competing demands.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies, including managers, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive material and situations.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 - 15 hrs/week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager