Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Director of Programs to join our growing organization. In this position, we are looking for an innovative and established professional to provide leadership, vision and direction in conjunction with the Founder, to enhance and expand our funding strategies, manage program operations, who thoroughly understands the financial needs of the organization and represents Outside2inside in the community.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program needs in the O2I home office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage: Oversee day to day operations of the organization, supporting all the program managers in their programs. Chair weekly Board Meetings and provide guidance to the program managers.
- Budget: Management of expenses and find ways to improve the revenue. Manage Grant writers and provide directions to get funds for the projects.
- Lead: Provides leadership and direct support to all programs. Run staff recruitment, development, and maintain positive retention strategies. Reports to the Founder and provides timely updates and progress reports on the programs administered by the O2I program managers.
- Hires: Hire and manage staff, including implementation and ongoing revision of personnel policies approved by Board, manage staff performance review process. Assists with the design and delivery of on-boarding, training and the development of a supportive culture for volunteers, program managers and other their staff. Supports a strong team culture of shared learning among program managers. .
- Advance: Continually work to enhance staff and program developments.
- Outreach: Cultivate relationships within the community to increase their participation and fundraising activities. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing of the O2I’s image in the community by being active and visible with results measured by resource development.
- Strategizes: Collaborates and coordinates with program managers to help ensure that outside2inside programs are strategic, synergistic, efficiently-delivered, well-received and impactful.
- Communicates: Regularly communicates with Founder and program managers to provide support and guidance in the development, management and implementation of work-plans and budgets.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience of at least 7 years.
- Work history and a commitment to developing effective organizational systems for managing programs, staff, budgets and work-plans.
- Previous experience working or leading with non-profits.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to lead all programs successfully. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive documents.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of funding sources.
- Experience fundraising and working with institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Business Development
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Entry Level Farm2School Program...
- Sr. Manager (reporting to...
- Farm2School Program Farm/Schools...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Grant Manager
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager