DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Sr. Grant Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
24 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile, 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporations and youth/kids. Our Food recovery programs recover the unattractive but otherwise nutritious wonky produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Our recycle programs converts food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Grant Writer to join our growing organization for an individual contributor position. In this role, you will be responsible for writing proposals and submitting timely & accurate reports for all existing grant-funded projects.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to public/private foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Outside2Inside's mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) managers, O2I Board and help our volunteers in the O2I office.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgment of foundation grants.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospective grant research.
- Prioritizing grant projects to keep multiple grant projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Providing grant writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgments.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to public/private foundations and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with O2I Managers, O2I Board to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors and provide regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Maintain current records in the database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years of experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Open to feedback and takes feedback positively.
- Anticipates the impact of change, and directs self and others in smoothly shifting gear
- Uses ingenuity in dealing with ambiguous situations, and guides others to cope effectively
- Thrives on situations involving risk and uncertainty
- Remains calm and focused during a time of change
- Maintains productivity when implementing new, altered or incomplete procedures
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- A personal desktop or laptop with internet connection.
- Outside2Inside currently requires our volunteers to work remotely.
- In case of occasional face-to-face interaction, Outside2Inside follows the recommended social distancing policy.
- Outside2Inisde requires anyone visiting our office to complete the following form. https://outside2inside.com/ covid19/
1400 Bowe Ave, Unit 208, SANTA CLARA, CA 95051, US
Our mission is to reduce food waste by bringing awareness about food waste among community, corporates and youth/kids, recover wonky produce, and recycle food waste through organic composting and animal feed. Our vision is to bring balance in our local community using existing discarded waste to create a clean, peaceful and healthy environment. 1. Creating awareness about food waste, its impact on the environment and ways to prevent it by bringing knowledge to your doorsteps through local schools and community partnerships for a better tomorrow. 2. Reducing hunger by recovering ugly produce at low cost and sharing with the needy, underprivileged people in Santa Clara county. 3. Provide a clean, pollution-free environment by recycling food waste into organic compost at densely populated urban households and reducing landfills. 4. Provide low-cost animal care in local farms by recycling food waste into animal feed reducing wastage of resources.
Outside2Inside is a non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporates and youth/kids.
Our Food recovery programs like Farm2School, Farm2Restaurant, and Farm2Work recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society.
Our recycle program converts food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Outside2Inside is formed by a group of spirited individuals with the aim to reduce waste, hunger and create a clean, peaceful, healthy environment. This organization is based in Bay area.
1400 BOWE AVEUnit 208Santa Clara, CA 95051
November 29, 2023
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office.
- During COVID-19: Work Remotely from Home.