Volunteer at The Ecology Center for our Earth Day festival on Sunday, April 22nd! We will be hosting a full day of activities, food, music, plant sale, and more for our community to come out and celebrate our connection to the Earth. Our available volunteer roles are listed below, and we have both a morning and afternoon shift for each role, unless otherwise stated. The morning shift is from 10:30-1:30, and the afternoon shift is from 1:00-4:00.
A requirement to be a volunteer with us at our event, is that you must be able to attend one of two training sessions we have available. The first is April 3rd at 5:30pm, and the second is April 11th at 6:00pm.
- Parking Party: We need a cheerful group to wave at folks passing by and help direct parking.
- Greeting Committee: Welcome guests and count total attendance, acquire email addresses, and help point people in the right direction.
- Workshop Stations: Help us maintain our workshop area and facilitate our mini workshops: Container Gardening, Worm Bins, Strawberry Freezer Jam, and Quick Pickling.
- Food and Beverage (Only PM shift available): Monitor our food and beverage courtyard to keep clean and assist the vendors with any needs.
- Clean Up Crew: Help us pack up the festival from 3:45-5:30.
If interested, please send an email to our volunteer account (email@example.com) specifying which training session you'll be able to attend and which role you are interested in for Earth Day. We look forward to putting on yet another fantastic Earth Day festival this year with the help of our volunteers!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Each shift is 3 hours - either 10:30-1:30, or 1-4
- Required training session