Senior Volunteer Manager
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile, 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporations, and youth/kids. Our Food recovery programs recover the unattractive but otherwise nutritious wonky produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Our recycle programs convert food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated volunteer manager to join our growing organization for an individual contributor position. In this position, you will manage volunteers, scheduling volunteer interviews, onboarding volunteers, tracking their projects, providing them the tools necessary, managing volunteer time-sheet, conducting & managing all O2I volunteer events. In addition to these activities, the volunteer manager needs to manage the office, create newsletters, magazines, research & summarize articles from the internet & summarize them as the research paper, blogs, social media posts, website contents, etc. As you will provide volunteer support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) managers, O2I Board and help our volunteers in the O2I office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Complete management of the O2I Office. Need to work with people, office facility personnel, vendors, and team to get things done to manage the office needs.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with organization policies.
- Supervise volunteers and manage their responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Manage volunteer weekly updates by sending reminders, collecting and summarizing them.
- Create and update volunteer records in databases.
- Submit timely volunteer reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Prepare for Volunteer interviews by printing the interview packet (contracts, application form etc).
- Create and manage Volunteer On-boarding process.
- Manage all the Volunteer related documents and update them in databases.
- Conduct a Volunteer Orientation.
- Create and maintain the Volunteer Handbook with policies & procedures.
- Assist O2I Managers whenever necessary.
- Conduct monthly O2I Volunteer events. There is a minimum of 1 O2I volunteer event planned per month.
- Responsible for the success of all of the O2I Volunteer Events.
- Summarize Events and write them as blogs, articles, social media posts on the O2I website, social media sites, magazines, newsletters ...etc.
- Take responsibility for current O2I program(s) and be open to new O2I programs created and develop, implement programs from scratch (if needed) by working with the O2I board.
- Should be comfortable & willing to report, work with the O2I Board, as opposed to the individual manager.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Can work in an ambiguous situation, especially when new programs are created and things have to be developed from scratch.
REMOTE WORKING REQUIREMENT
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Be an individual contributor and manage large projects by themselves.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Open to feedback and takes feedback positively.
- Anticipates the impact of change, and directs self and others in smoothly shifting gears
- Uses ingenuity in dealing with ambiguous situations, and guides others to cope effectively
- Thrives on situations involving risk and uncertainty
- Remains calm and focused during a time of change
- Maintains productivity when implementing new, altered or incomplete procedures
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Be a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- A personal desktop or laptop with internet connection.
- Outside2Inside currently requires our volunteers to work remotely.
- In case of occasional face-to-face interaction, Outside2Inside follows the recommended social distancing policy.
- Outside2Inisde requires anyone visiting our office to complete the following form. https://outside2inside.com/ covid19/
2716 El Camino Real,, SANTA CLARA, CA 95051, US
Our mission is to reduce food waste by bringing awareness about food waste among community, corporates and youth/kids, recover wonky produce, and recycle food waste through organic composting and animal feed. Our vision is to bring balance in our local community using existing discarded waste to create a clean, peaceful and healthy environment. 1. Creating awareness about food waste, its impact on the environment and ways to prevent it by bringing knowledge to your doorsteps through local schools and community partnerships for a better tomorrow. 2. Reducing hunger by recovering ugly produce at low cost and sharing with the needy, underprivileged people in Santa Clara county. 3. Provide a clean, pollution-free environment by recycling food waste into organic compost at densely populated urban households and reducing landfills. 4. Provide low-cost animal care in local farms by recycling food waste into animal feed reducing wastage of resources.
Outside2Inside is a non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporates and youth/kids.
Our Food recovery programs like Farm2School, Farm2Restaurant, and Farm2Work recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society.
Our recycle program converts food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Outside2Inside is formed by a group of spirited individuals with the aim to reduce waste, hunger and create a clean, peaceful, healthy environment. This organization is based in Bay area.