Senior Volunteer Manager
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated volunteer manager to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage volunteers, scheduling volunteer interviews, on boarding volunteers, tracking their projects, providing them the tools necessary, managing volunteer time-sheet, conducting & managing all O2I volunteer events. As you will provide volunteer support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program volunteers in the O2I home office.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to organization policies.
- Supervise volunteers and manage their responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Manage volunteer weekly updates by sending reminders, collecting and summarizing them.
- Create and update volunteer records in databases.
- Submit timely volunteer reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Prepare for Volunteer interviews by printing the interview packet (contracts, application form etc).
- Create and manage Volunteer On-boarding process.
- Manage all the Volunteer related documents and update them in databases.
- Conduct Volunteer Orientation.
- Create and maintain Volunteer Handbook with policies & procedures.
- Assist O2I Program Managers whenever necessary.
- Conduct monthly O2I Volunteer events. There is minimum of 1 O2I volunteer event per month.
- Responsible for the success of all of the O2I Volunteer Events.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
We'll work with your schedule.
2716 El Camino Real,Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office