Senior Office Administrator (Admin)
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile, 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporations, and youth/kids. Our Food recovery programs recover the unattractive but otherwise nutritious wonky produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society. Our recycle programs convert food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated office administrator to join our growing organization in an individual contributor position. In this position, you will be in charge of the O2I office, manage a variety of administrative tasks such as scanning bills, filing, sorting, organizing mail, creating documentation and presentations, scheduling volunteer interviews and managing volunteers, team & vendors. As you will provide office support and coordinate office activities, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) managers, O2I Board and help our volunteers in the O2I.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with organizational policies.
- Office Management, Supervision:
- Manage the O2I office.
- Manage people, office facility personnel, vendor, and team in the Office.
- One of our key team which is remote needs to be managed as well.
- Should be comfortable & willing to report, work with the O2I Board, as opposed to the individual manager.
- Volunteer Management:
- Supervise volunteers and manage their responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Manage volunteer weekly updates by sending reminders, collecting and summarizing them.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Office Related Support:
- Scanning Bills, Filing, Sorting, Printing and managing correspondence (e-mail).
- Attending phone calls, summarizing information and making phone calls to customers/office facility personnel/vendors/volunteers as appropriate.
- Uploading key documents, paintings, images, etc. to a centralized repository.
- Creating office/meeting/team/program related checklists.
- Creating an organizational email id for new hires.
- Creating and maintaining organizational email groups.
- Book Keeping:
- Support monthly/yearly budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Manage inventory of Books and update them regularly.
- Inventory Management:
- Track stocks of office supplies/inventory, printer cartridges, merchandise ..etc and place orders when necessary.
- Create, track and maintain office hardware (laptops, mouse, mousepads, power supplies, etc.) and software.
- Newsletter, Magazines, Blogs, Research articles:
- Create monthly/yearly O2I newsletter, magazine, blogs, research articles and send it to O2I members/Board.
- Candidate Hiring support:
- Creating and posting new jobs in Job sites.
- Prepare for Volunteer interviews by printing the interview packet (contracts, application form etc).
- Manage all the Volunteer related documents.
- Conduct a Volunteer Orientation.
- Meeting Support:
- Creating & sending meeting agendas and calendar
- Attending & taking meeting minutes and sending it to O2I Board.
- Website Support:
- Adding new hire information/photo, adding events in calendar and event pictures in event/photo gallery and posting blogs on the O2I website.
- Post information (research article, newsletter, magazine, blogs, etc) to websites
- Program/Event Support:
- Manage agendas/appointments etc. for the Programs, Events.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Assist O2I Managers, O2I Board whenever necessary.
- Assist O2I Managers in organizing special functions and social events.
- Outreach to potential farms/schools/vendors, create, track and maintain Event checklist, audit post-event, attend O2I program/events and provide assistance, take event photos/videos, send thank you emails and document event feedback/testimonials.
- Social Media Support:
- Create events, event calendar in Social media pages, create and post-event flyers, post-event photos and videos, attend weekly social media meetings and improve social media pages.
- Post daily/weekly blogs and post them in O2I social media sites.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage, but not necessary.
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred, but not necessary.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Can handle feedback and takes feedback positively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker.
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
2716 El Camino Real,, SANTA CLARA, CA 95051, US
Our mission is to reduce food waste by bringing awareness about food waste among community, corporates and youth/kids, recover wonky produce, and recycle food waste through organic composting and animal feed. Our vision is to bring balance in our local community using existing discarded waste to create a clean, peaceful and healthy environment. 1. Creating awareness about food waste, its impact on the environment and ways to prevent it by bringing knowledge to your doorsteps through local schools and community partnerships for a better tomorrow. 2. Reducing hunger by recovering ugly produce at low cost and sharing with the needy, underprivileged people in Santa Clara county. 3. Provide a clean, pollution-free environment by recycling food waste into organic compost at densely populated urban households and reducing landfills. 4. Provide low-cost animal care in local farms by recycling food waste into animal feed reducing wastage of resources.
Outside2Inside is a non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs.
We prevent food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community, corporates and youth/kids.
Our Food recovery programs like Farm2School, Farm2Restaurant, and Farm2Work recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local farms and serve the deprived, needy in our society.
Our recycle program converts food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving urban households & local farms.
Outside2Inside is formed by a group of spirited individuals with the aim to reduce waste, hunger and create a clean, peaceful, healthy environment. This organization is based in Bay area.