Senior Office Administrator (Admin)
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated office administrator to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage a variety of administrative tasks such as scanning bills, filing, sorting, organizing mail, creating documentations and presentations, scheduling volunteer interviews and managing volunteers. As you will provide office support and coordinate office activities, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help with their program support in the O2I home office.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to organization policies.
- Manage Junior Office admins.
- Volunteer Management:
- Supervise volunteers and manage their responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Manage volunteer weekly updates by sending reminders, collecting and summarizing them.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data.
- Office Related Support:
- Scanning Bills, Filing, Sorting, Printing and managing correspondence (e-mail).
- Attending phone calls, summarizing information and making phone calls to customers/vendors/volunteers as appropriately.
- Uploading key documents, paintings, images etc. to centralized repository.
- Creating office/meeting/team/program related checklists.
- Creating organizational email id for new hires.
- Creating and maintaining organizational email groups.
- Book Keeping:
- Support monthly/yearly budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Manage Books inventory and update them regularly.
- Inventory Management:
- Track stocks of office supplies/inventory, printer cartridges and place orders when necessary.
- Create, track and maintain office laptops, mouse pads, power supplies etc.
- Create monthly/yearly O2I newsletter and send it to O2I members.
- Candidate Hiring support:
- Creating and posting new jobs in Job sites.
- Prepare for Volunteer interviews by printing the interview packet (contracts, application form etc).
- Manage all the Volunteer related documents.
- Conduct Volunteer Orientation.
- Meeting Support:
- Creating and sending meeting agendas.
- Creating meeting agenda Power point slides.
- Website Support:
- Adding new hire information/photo, adding events in calendar and event pictures in event/photo gallery and posting blogs in O2I website.
- Program Support:
- Manage agendas/appointments etc. for the Program Managers
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Assist O2I Program Managers whenever necessary.
- Assist O2I Program Managers in organizing special functions and social events.
- Outreach to potential farms/schools/vendors, create, track and maintain Event checklist, audit post event, attend O2I program/events and provide assistance, take event photos/videos, send thank you emails and document event feedback/testimonials.
- Social Media Support:
- Create events, event calendar in Social media pages, create and post event flyers, post event photos and videos, attend weekly social media meetings and improve social media pages.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage, but not necessary.
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred, but not necessary.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
We'll work with your schedule.
2716 El Camino RealSanta Clara, CA 95051
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm working from Office