Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated office administrator to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage a variety of administrative tasks such as scanning bills, filing, sorting, organizing mail, creating documentations and presentations, scheduling volunteer interviews and managing volunteers. As you will provide office support and coordinate office activities, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help with their program support in the O2I home office.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to organization policies.
- Manage Junior Office admins.
- Supervise volunteers and manage their responsibilities on a weekly basis.
- Manage volunteer weekly updates by sending reminders, collecting and summarizing them.
- Manage agendas/appointments etc. for the Program Managers
- Scanning Bills, Filing, Sorting and managing correspondence (e-mail).
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures.
- Manage Books inventory and update them regularly.
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies, printer cartridges and place orders when necessary.
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned.
- Prepare for Volunteer interviews by printing the interview packet (contracts, application form etc).
- Manage all the Volunteer related documents.
- Conduct Volunteer Orientation.
- Assist O2I Program Managers whenever necessary.
- Assist O2I Program Managers in organizing special functions and social events.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
- Qualifications in secretarial studies will be an advantage, but not necessary.
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in office administration or relevant field is preferred, but not necessary.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4- 8 hrs / day for 5 days in a week
- Kids food waste awareness...
- Legal Assistant / Support
- Director of Human Resource (HR)...
- Community center development lead
- Farm2School Program Marketing...
- Director of Marketing and...
- Farm2School Program Outreach...
- Data Entry - Donor Management...
- Farm2School Program Data Analyst
- Farm2School Program Produce...
- Farm2School Program Researcher
- Farm2School Social Media...
- Compost Lead
- Entry Level Human Resource (HR)...
- Sr. Marketing Manager
- Entry Level Marketing Manager
- Sr. Human Resource (HR) Manager...
- Kids Food Waste Awareness...
- Entry Level Social Media Manager
- Sr. Social Media Manager