Volunteer With Children- Non-profit
4 people are interested
The Rainbow Project Mission Statement
The Rainbow Project is a mental health counseling and resource clinic, providing psychotherapy and mental health treatment for children and families who have faced trauma and other sources of stress in their lives, including child abuse, neglect, witnessing domestic violence, community violence and other sources of stress. The rainbow project helps promote recovery from such adversities and restore optimal functioning for the child and family.
Volunteer Mission Statement
The Rainbow Project volunteers collaborate with the agency and community to contribute to a safe, healthy, and nurturing world for children and families.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide childcare during caregiver support groups offered at The Rainbow Project
- Maintain the safety and well-being of the children
- Work alongside other volunteers to supervise children
- Practice patience, limit-setting, and conflict resolution
- Effectively communicate with the caregiver and group facilitator
- Adhere to confidentiality policies
- Minimum of 1 year experience working or volunteering with children under the age of 10
- Available every Friday 4:00-6:00pm for De Mujer a Mujer support group
- Available from 5:30-7:30pm every Thursday between 9/19/19 through 11/21/19 for Coaches' Corner Parent support group
- Must be able to pass a caregiver background check
- Preference for those with a background in psychology, social work, early childhood, or a similar field
- Minimum commitment of 1 year
Volunteers will receive general childcare orientation and training, along with an educational training on the impact of trauma on young children. Volunteers have access to clinical staff to receive supervision, consultation, and support.
Those interested in this opportunity must complete the volunteer application and background information disclosure form and send those materials to Caitlin Bausch at email@example.com. Those documents can be found on our website at www.therainbowproject.net/career-and-volunteer
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Rainbow Project, Inc.
831 E WASHINGTON AVE, MADISON, WI 53703, US
The Rainbow Project provides restorative healing & hope for young children & their families who have experienced trauma, building a foundation for the mastery of life sustaining skills.
The Rainbow Project Child & Family Counseling & Resource Clinic serves families with young children, primarily ages 10 & under, in Dane County, Wisconsin, & the surrounding areas. Rainbow Project provides individualized, consumer-centered, & responsive services within a variety of settings. Services provided include short & long-term counseling, prevention & early intervention services for children, adults, families, & the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
831 East Washington Ave.Madison, WI 53703
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- Family Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hrs per week
- Must complete Volunteer Application & Background Check form