Clean Ocean Access is starting a new partnership with Woodsy the Owl! Woodsy the Owl is a
national iconic character known for teaching children how to appreciate nature, while promoting environmentally friendly behaviors through the slogan "Give a Hoot, Don’t Pollute." Clean Ocean Access is looking for volunteers to wear and become Woodsy the Owl for our upcoming events so we can teach children today about Woodsy's message, closing the gap between litter and marine debris.
We are looking for two volunteers at each event, one to wear the costume and the other to act as a handler for Woodsy. The Woodsy costume fits someone who is between 5'6 and 5'8 and a waist line that is < 36in.
Below is a list of upcoming dates we need Woodsy to make an appearance, please reply with a date of interest!
- March 31st 12pm-2pm -- Bailey Brook Cleanup
- April 8 12pm-2pm Fort -- Adams State Park Cleanup
- April 14 12pm-2pm -- Cliff Walk Cleanup
- April 22nd 12pm-2pm -- Pheasant Drive Beach Cleanup
- May 12th 9am-12pm
- May 12th 12pm-3pm
- May 12th 3pm-6pm
- May 13th 9am-12pm
- May 13th 12pm-3pm
- May 13th 3pm-6pm
- May 19th 9am-12pm
- May 19th 12pm-3pm
- May 19th 3pm-6pm
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 2 hours
- Protecting Public Shoreline...
- 5th Annual Newport Harbor Swim...
- Leading Weekend Beach Cleanups
- Photographer Needed for Gull...
- Beach Cleanup Marketing for...
- Help Keep Melville Park Clean!
- Annual Cappy's Guest Bartending...
- Be Woodsy the Owl!
- Sachuest Point National Wildlife...
- April Rain Barrel Festival