The Library of MusicLandria is seeking a team of dedicated, enthusiastic Grant Writers to help us fund our organizational growth and development.
Our Grant Writers will identify, monitor, apply for, write, and report on grants to fund the work of our free musical instrument library. They will be responsible for writing the majority of the grant, including researching evidence to support it. After a grant is received, our Grant Writers will help ensure funds are used in the manner described in the grant. Depending on the grant, a grant writer may also be responsible for providing documentation on how grant funds were used and their effect on the organization or project.
MusicLandria is a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and this is an unpaid position. However, with perseverance and a bit of luck, our Grant Writers will secure funding that will enable us to pay our volunteers in the near future. Until then, you’ll have the satisfaction of helping create a more equitable society, and bringing music into the lives of hundreds of Sacramentans! (And bottomless coffee, tea, and snacks.)
- Research grants
- Identify grant makers that support our mission
- Generate LOIs
- Build relationships with funders
- Organize meetings with grant makers
- Draft, edit, improve and finalize grant applications
- Create and update shared documents
- Provide other grant team members with support and feedback
- Weekly phone call progress reports
- Create a calendar of important grant dates
- start dates, application deadlines, workshops, meetings, and follow-up actions.
- Updates should be made promptly and continuously
- Develop and maintain a system of advance notification for any significant dates to the Director and team members
- Create post funding progress reports
- 10 hours per week
- Our team meets every Saturday from 12-5pm
- We require 5 additional hours be spent doing independent research and writing during the week
Grant Writing Team Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self starter
- Ability to work with others
- Proven success at grant writing
- Evidenced by receipt of one or more grants over $2,500
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, library science
- or music education; or a minimum of two years work experience in related field
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software required; experience with graphic design and video software a plus
This is an unpaid volunteer position at present. Stipends or salary are possibilities for the future, depending on our success at obtaining grants.
About the Organization
The Library of MusicLandria is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to breaking down the barriers to musical exploration and encouraging personal growth through hands-on learning. Since 2014, we have provided free access to musical instruments and equipment to Sacramento residents.
To learn more, visit www.musiclandria.com
How To Apply
Please send a resume with cover letter and professional writing sample to email@example.com.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10+ hours/week
- Please contact us for a full job description