Program Overview: Sex trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for the purpose of a commercial sex act. This is induced by force, fraud, or coercion/manipulation. Although, for individuals under the age of 18, force, fraud, or coercion does not need to be proven to be considered sex trafficking, although those elements are often present. Additionally, sex trafficking does not just happen to young women, it happens to all genders, from a variety of communities and backgrounds. In Multnomah County, we take a collaborative approach to addressing this complex issue occurring in our community.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role of Marketing Volunteer will be to assist the staff in promoting the education, prevention, and civic engagement to address Sex Trafficking by:
- Participating in and taking notes at collaborative meetings.
- Preparing various action plans, meeting notes, research findings, guides, etc...
- Using provided materials, notes and data to create a GoAnimate video tutorial and additional marketing materials related to the collaborative.
- Analyzing data and creating reports and/or presentations for a wide variety of audiences to understand outcomes.
- Participating in staff meetings and
- Performing administrative duties as needed, related to marketing projects.
Training Provided: Volunteers are invited to participate in a variety of meetings and training offered by the Department of Community Justice and/or community partners.
The role would suit a new graduate from a marketing course or a more experienced marketer who is looking to gain experience in a new field.
- Experience with marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering.
- Familiarity with using marketing tools to generate understanding or interest in a topic, including demonstrable experience using GoAnimate
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Interest in the criminal justice system, child welfare system or community organizations and systems providing resources to victims of sex trafficking
- Mature, reliable, dependable individuals able to relate to a variety of persons.
- Ability to learn department computer system; computer literate in word processing and Google Suite.
- grant management
- meeting facilitation
- stakeholder engagement
- program development
- working knowledge of social service, legal and public safety systems serving victims of sex trafficking
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours/week for a minimum of 6 months