* IF INTERESTED IN THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY PLEASE EMAIL MARY.OWENS@RALEIGHNC.GOV*
Do you have a passion for teaching seniors about technology? Then look no further than our Digital Inclusion Volunteer Program where we teach seniors how to use all types of technology! Volunteers are needed to assist the lead teacher and to help answer student questions during the class.
Volunteer Duties: Volunteers are needed to assist with the following tasks: includes event set-up/break-down, keeping attendance, helping students understand what they are learning in the classroom, moving classroom materials from one location to another, and taking photos at the event.
* Other duties if needed and if the volunteer desires may include: Training to become a lead teacher and curriculum creation.
Special Information: These classes are mostly held between the hours of 8 am and 6 pm during the week as this is when the target population is more available. Volunteers would need to be free during the morning or afternoon during the week. More information on a possible schedule can be provided. Please wear sturdy closed toed shoes and appropriate, comfortable clothing (ex. jeans, shirt and tennis shoes). Business Casual is preferred. You must provide your own transportation to each location where our classes are being held. You may be asked to go to multiple locations in a single day.
Location: Most of our classes are held but are not limited to our two Active Adult locations:
Five Points Center for Active Adults
2000 Noble Rd, Raleigh, NC 27608
Anne Gordon Center for Active Adults
1901 Spring Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615
Volunteer Requirements: To volunteer you must be at least 18 years old. All volunteers must fill out a volunteer application and pass a background check. Volunteers will also be required to fill out a release form. Most of the classes are scheduled for the daytime during the week.
Signing up online does not automatically register you. You will be contacted by staff who will send you a volunteer application to start the background check process.
Per department policies, this volunteer opportunity is not to be used towards court-appointed community service hours.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Must submit a volunteer application and background check
- Youth Baseball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal at...
- Planting Project at Worthdale
- Spring Fling Adult Egg Hunt at...
- Split Rail Fence Construction at...
- Youth Girls Basketball Coaches
- Invasive Plant Removal Durant...
- Mulching Nash Square
- Saturday Mulching at Pullen Park
- Breakfast with the Bunny at...
- Digital Inclusion Teacher...
- Spring Forest Egg Hunt