Make-A-Wish Georgia is hosting an event called Trailblaze Challenge! The hike event itself is the weekend of September 14-16 in Clayton, GA. We will be hiking the Bartram Trail! I will need hike leaders to help train our hikers before the hike weekend and to be there hike weekend as trail support.
Position Title: Hike Leader (7 needed)
The position of Hike Leader is a position that provides coaching services to participants of Make-A-Wish Georgia’s Trailblaze Challenge hike event.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop weekly training schedules for participants to achieve their end goal;
- Coordinate and/or lead all hike training events (total of 18 min.), including:
- Choose training courses and secure permits as necessary.
- Begin each session with appropriate announcements and clinics.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
- These trainings will be shared between leaders. We ask that you sign up to lead at least 4 training hikes. (Ideally one per month, but subject to change).
- Write short weekly "Coaches Corner" updates for participants.
- Be available by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
- Assist staff, as necessary, during event weekend and ensuring all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at end of day.
- Outdoor Recreation
- Life Coaching
- Search & Rescue
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- There is an "interview" process and information meeting you must attend