Make someone's day at the end of their life!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Join the Encompass Team and become a Hospice Volunteer! At Encompass Hospice, Volunteers set their own level of commitment based on their schedule and flexibility. Opportunities for involvement range from administrative tasks to direct patient and caregiver contact. For students looking to enter a health-related field, this is a great opportunity for you to gain some early exposure to the field of medicine! Some ways to get involved are:
- Playing games, reading, and listening to music with patients (plus music therapy)
- Reading to patients
- Walking, playing, or caring for family pets
- Making supportive phone calls from home
- Bringing your furry pet to visit patients
- Administrative support in the office
- Offering companionship and socialization to the patient and family
- and much more!!
913-634-2709 (text or call)
About Encompass Hospice
941 NE Columbus St, Lee's Summit, MO 64086, US
"A Better Way to Care"
Our hospice services at Encompass Hospice are designed to better the lives of terminally ill patients and to encourage comfort and provide dignity and peace during end-of-life stages. Our compassionate, highly trained team is driven by integrity and respect to support the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of both our patients and their loved ones.
We inspire confidence during end-of-life care by providing services in our patients’ homes -- whether that is a personal home, nursing home, assisted living community, independent living community or other location.
Our volunteers play a very active role in our plan of care, providing not only services such as companionship and emotional support to patients and their families, but also participating in administrative tasks in the office, helping with bereavement, making supportive phone calls from home, much more.
We'll work with your schedule.
941 NE Columbus StLee's Summit, MO 64086
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- You will need to go through our volunteer training program, which will take a couple of hours of your time. After you have completed training we ask that you visit patients at least once per week, based on your availability.