Do you want to do something that is satisfying of great service to your community? Join the Encompass family and become a Hospice Volunteer! Becoming a hospice volunteer is similar to helping a neighbor in need. At Encompass Hospice, our volunteers are able to set their own level of commitment depending on their personal schedule and availability. Opportunities for involvement range from direct patient and caregiver contact to administrative tasks, each based on a volunteer's personal level of comfort and desire. There are many ways to give back! Some ways to help make a difference are:
- Playing games, reading, and listening to music with patients (Including music therapy)
- Walking, playing, or caring for family pets
- Administrative support in the office, or from home!
- Arts and crafts, or creating photo albums of the patient and family
- Making supportive phone calls from home
- Sending birthday and anniversary cards
The only qualification is your desire to help someone in need. You don't need any medical skills; you don't even need a college degree; you don't even need to know what to say. All you need to do is sign up and through our hospice volunteer training session you will be more than prepared!
Make Time to Make a Difference
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time, they have the heart" - Elizabeth Andrew
For more information about joining the Encompass family, use the information below!
Nika Sien; Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training