Academic Service Learning Volunteer (ASL Volunteer)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
Universities partner with the Red Cross to foster an environment where students learn about themselves and the community by taking action through service.
* Fill volunteer roles in various business lines to meet both course learning objectives and Red Cross organizational needs/priorities.
* Complete required training for related roles
* Participate in special projects based on local or national need.
* Submit all hours in Volunteer Connection in either the program specific area or in the general ASL Volunteer Connection Groupshare.
* Contribute to advancing the mission of the American Red Cross
* Strengthen communities through your Red Cross role
* Community advocacy and leadership
* Interact with and meet a variety of people
* Team building with the Red Cross, volunteers, and community partners
* Expand knowledge base in humanitarian efforts and emergency/disaster response
* Strategically impact health capacity and relationship/partnership-building
* Strengthen operations across all business lines of service
* Enhance skills in a global and highly recognized non-profit organization
We'll work with your schedule.
751 Riverside AvenueJacksonville, FL 32204
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies; discuss with faculty contact to determine
- Current enrollment as a student in an academic program ? American Red Cross Volunteer Orientation