Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Lead, track and coordinate activities pertaining to the management and promotion of the rareshare.org website. Facilitate the production and dissemination of rare disease-specific informational content to RareShare community members. Oversee the development of new features for the website and support organizational outreach efforts to build collaborative opportunities.
As a RG Volunteer, you will be a part of the organization’s vision to serve those coping with rare diseases. RareShare’s online communities are a social network where those with an interest is specific rare disorders can exchange information with each other. The RareShare team provides not only the framework for doing this, but actively researches and produces disease-specific content of interest to its communities.
- Manage a diverse team of scientists, web developers, electronic media and community engagement specialists, and business development organizers to achieve organizational goals.
- Track and report on RareShare team activities to the Rare Genomics project management team.
- Summarize and report on Rare Genomics activities and directives to the RareShare team.
- Attend weekly conference call team meetings for Rare Genomics and RareShare held on Monday and Tuesday evenings, respectively.
- Create detailed project plans and ensure their timely completion.
- Promote the organization’s visibility and growth by exploring new opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A degree in marketing, biomedical science or a related discipline are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management processes and tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective interactions with internal staff, the management team and clients.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others.
- Passion for learning and serving rare disease communities.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment.
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per weeks
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Content Development Intern
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Project Manager - RareShare
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Business Development Associate...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Patient Related/Advocacy...