Direct Patient services may include:
1. Regularly scheduled visits to patients and families as part of the team, to provide emotional support.
2. Patient services (friendly visitor, reading, scrapbooking, talking, sitting in silence, etc.)
3. Gardening / Lawn Maintenance
4. Music or Pet Therapy
5. Light Housekeeping within limits of the Volunteers ability (meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, etc.)
6. Respite care (staying with patient or children to allow primary caregiver a social break or rest.)
Indirect Patient Volunteer Opportunities:
1. Office Volunteer - Answers phones, assists with mail, data entry, etc.
2. Back Office Volunteer - Scanning, Tuck-In Calls, etc.
3. Baking / Cooking
4. Knitting, sewing corn bags, memory pillows, prayer shawls, etc.
6. Light Housekeeping in Serenity Hospice and Home
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training