If you have a heart for people and would like to make a difference in your community, please consider becoming a patient volunteer for Grace Hospice.
This is a flexible program, you can volunteer any times or days you prefer.
Training is provided and you have the support of staff and medical professionals as well. This is a rewarding opportunity for you as well as the patient and family as you aid in life's final days. Volunteers share conversations, quiet times just "being there", aid in writing, music or pet therapy, however you feel can benefit your time together.
You will feel great knowing you participated in another person's comfort. Our volunteers often express how happy they feel in touching another person's life.
We do ask for a year commitment to the program, and require that once you are seeing a patient, that you see it to the end of their journey.
- Background check
- Drug tests
- TB Step I
- TB Step II
Are required, having Grace pays for all requirements.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Grace at 616.432.2050 today!
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Providing Respite for Hospice...
- Office Volunteer for Grace Hospice
- Community Volunteer - Holland, MI
- Hospice volunteer in Montcalm...
- Friend to Hospice Patients
- Friendly Companion for Hospice...
- End of Life Support
- Someone Needs You
- Being There When It Means The Most
- Listening to Hospice Patients
- Life Review with Hospice Patients
- Friend to the End
- Hospice volunteer
- Friendship to Hospice Patient
- Hospice Volunteer
- Caregiver Relief for Hospice...
- Hospice Patient Friend
- Hospice Buddy
- Sitting with Hospice Patient
- Hospice Volunteer for Holland