Embark on a monumental journey...
An independent study led by Dr. Maureen Weiss, University of Minnesota, evaluated the impact of Girls on the Run on positive youth development. Findings show that Girls on the Run has a significant impact on the lives of girls - teaching critical life skills, increasing physical activity, building connections between peers, and more. In addition, Girls on the Run makes a stronger impact than organized sports and physical education programs in teaching life skills such as managing emotions, resolving conflict, helping others, and making intentional decisions. You can read more and watch a video about these exciting study results on our website, www.gotrpa.org/News.
Volunteer Support Roles needed at: Copper Beach Elementary (Thursdays from 3:30pm-5:00pm), Merion Elementary (Wednesdays from 3:45pm-5:15pm), Jenkintown Elementary (Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:15pm-4:45pm)
A GOTR Volunteer works with a team of coaches to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants over the 10 week season.
- Understanding and believing in the mission of the organization and acting as a spokesperson for the program
- Serving as a role model and mentor
- Coordinating the community project, practice 5K, and end of season celebration
- Attending the end of the season community 5K event with program participants and other coaches
- Regular updates via email to the GOTR staff
- Completing a mandatory 1.5 hour online pre-training
- Submit Criminal & Child Abuse Background clearances to GOTR Staff. We will need an FBI Fingerprint clearance if you have not lived in PA for at least 10 consecutive years.
- Each site has four coaches.
- Junior Coaches are between the ages of 16-17.
For more information and to sign up, visit our website at www.gotrpa.org
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you volunteer with us!
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- February 2018 - May 2018