Prison Parent Support Group Facilitator
Parents Helping Parents: Empowering parents to nurture children and prevent child abuse.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (YOU!) to act as a group co-facilitator for a parent support group in the Norfolk County Correctional Facility. As a co-facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA
- Participate in a 1-2 hour orientation at the facility.
We'll work with your schedule.
42 Patton RoadAyer, MA 01432
- Mental Health
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Critical Thinking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training