Volunteer Positions Available with Centerstone Sexual Assault and Trauma Services
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
32 people are interested
Centerstone Resource and Recovery Center: Sexual Assault and Trauma Services has volunteer positions open for victim advocates. As a volunteer you will play an important role in making a positive difference in the lives of others.
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle. Happiness never decreased by being shared." - Buddha
Knowledge and Skill:
- Able to work in a crisis environment
- Provide emotional support and referrals
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of sexual violence issues
- Trustworthy, dependable, flexible and caring
- Comfortable working with law enforcement and medical staff
- Ability to work as a team
- Able to attend monthly meetings
- Be able to apply learned skills out in the field
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Must possess compassion, integrity, and creativity skills
Must clear a DCF Level II background clearance and Drug screening.
Must complete 30 hour online Advocacy Core Training as well as 10 hour shadowing (required by Florida Council Against Sexual Violence)
- Provide on-call crisis intervention
- Provide emotional support to victims
- Provide information regarding victim rights
- Accompany survivors throughout the criminal and administrative proceedings
- Participate in 24/7 helpline rotation
- Attend monthly meetings/trainings
For more information stop by the Human Resource office for an application at
391 6 th Ave W, Bradenton FL
Catherine DeGendice - Volunteer Coordinator at 941-782-4243
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About CENTERSTONE OF FLORIDA INC
391 6TH AVE W, 383 6th Ave W, BRADENTON, FL 34205, US
Centerstone's mission is to prevent and cure mental illness and addiction.
Centerstone has a Specialty Service - Sexual Assualt Services - Our goal is to provide support to victims of sexual violance.
We'll work with your schedule.
365 6th Street WBradenton, FL 34205
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One year commitment due to the cost of ongoing training and background checks.
- On going training and awarding experiences.