We are seeking different volunteers with varying, advanced-level repair skills (repairing clothing, bikes, small engines, computers, etc) who will work with and mentor adults with disabilities to tech them repair skills. Community members will be able to bring in items in need of repair, and the volunteer will work with the adults in our program to teach them how to repair the items. Volunteer must be able to commit 2 hours a week (M-F), between the hours of 9-4pm
- Auto Mechanics / Repair
- Relationship Building
- Appliance Repair
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 2 hours each week
- must posses advanced skills in repairing something
- Attend community outings with...
- Adaptive Chair Yoga for adults...
- Video game design/creation
- Coffee Club Leader
- Community "Repair" Site
- Art facilitator
- Teach an Adaptive Rec classe for...
- Teach basic reading skills to a...
- Teach/mentor an individual to...
- Ceramics mentor/teacher
- Music instruction and songwriting
- Facilitate a variety of...